Woodcote Park, Epsom
The Royal Automobile Club one of the world’s foremost private members clubs is currently looking for a Software Technician (Level 3) to join our expanding IT team, based in Epsom but with occasional travel to London.
Working within the IT Team you will provide, the technical expertise in areas such as business applications and data integration, whilst actively engaging with business users to greater understand their needs as the club undergoes a digital transformation.
Role Responsibilities include:
• Delivery of the application and data aspects of IT projects such as data integration (including single sign on), data migration and application customisations and configuration/workflows.
• Working closely with project team provide the technical expertise to deliver the system/projects
• Transition of delivered IT projects into BAU support., including 2/3rd line
• Ongoing support of business applications, data integrations (including single sign on) and business intelligence.
• Carry out the technical development of IT systems to meet business requirements, in line with the Club’s defined data and applications architecture.
• Engage with the user community, in a courteous and helpful way, to understand the business requirements.
• Liaise with 3rd party suppliers to ensure synergy with the clubs’ external partners.
• Undertake systems analysis to identify appropriate ways to meet business requirements with solutions that comply with the Club’s defined data and applications architecture.
• Plan the detailed tasks of technical development sprints.
• Provide regular project update reports and highlight issues with proposed options.
• Participate in the selection of systems and technology.
Our ideal candidate:
• Data Integration ETL principles demonstrated in Microsoft T-SQL.
• Ability to understand and write applications/components in an object orientated programming language such as C# or VB .NET.
• Ability to understand and operate SOAP and REST web service methods and to use JSON and XML to interact with application data.
• To understand and be able to use application workflows.
• Understanding of SDLC and agile development processes.
• Project Management understanding
• Knowledge of ITIL Change Management Process; ideally certification
• Experience of using an enterprise CRM system.
• Experience of an iPaaS system.
• Experience of SAML 2.0.
• Free meals on duty
• Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
• Perkbox discount scheme
• European RAC cover
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Generous pension
• Employer paid health cash plan
• Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.