2nd Line IT Support Engineer
Woodcote Park, Epsom
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
The Royal Automobile Club one of the world’s foremost private members clubs is currently looking for an IT Support Engineer to join our expanding IT team, based in Epsom but with occasional travel to London.
The IT Support Engineer will support the provision of IT services, and the staff and members who are utilising them, ensuring that internal KPIs and SLAs are always met. Whilst covering any project work or ad hoc duties that might arise in a small team.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Provide a Help Desk service to support Club staff and members and IT providers used by the Club
- Respond to support requests in a timely and courteous manner, resolving 80% or more incoming support calls at first point of contact
- Manage and maintain technology and systems used by the Club.
- Support IT projects with the installation of software, hardware and associated peripheral device drivers
- Assist with the maintenance of Microsoft Exchange and domain configuration
- Assist in the production and upkeep of all technical documentation in line with company standards.
- Assist the Application team where necessary
- Participate in the Service Desk out of hours shift rotas as directed
Our ideal candidate:
Will have experience in the following areas:
- Previous 1st/2nd Line Engineer Experience
- Knowledge & Experience of managing Active Directory
- Knowledge of HA Clustering (Hyper-V or VMWare) and IaaS (Azure)
- Knowledge LAN/WAN (CompTIA Network+ Level)
- Knowledge & Experience of VoIP (Mitel preferable)
- Be comfortable with CompTIA Network+ and A+, and have been in a similar 1st/2nd line role for at least 2 years
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.