Cellar Assistant - Pall Mall
Pall Mall, London
The Royal Automobile Club has two very distinctive and different clubhouses – our prestigious one on Pall Mall and our country clubhouse – Woodcote Park in Epsom. We are now seeking a Cellar Assistant on a 6 month fixed term contract to come and oversee both clubhouses.
Based in Pall Mall this is a varied but highly important role that requires flexibility and organisational skills. Due to the nature of duties required by this role, the ability to carry out heavy physical work is essential.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Ensure there is sufficient beverage stocks to serve all F&B departments without over ordering
- Ensure delivery notes and invoices are processed promptly and forwarded to Accounts and/or the Beverage Manager
- Manage and maintain the overall upkeep of the cellar areas and the dispense bars ensuring they clean and tidy at all times
- Deliver daily beverage orders to all F&B departments in a timely manner
- Inform the F&B departments of any shortage or out stock product and suggest alternatives if applicable
- Work collaboratively with other departments to deliver good levels of team work and collaboration
Our ideal candidate:
- Wine and spirit knowledge desirable
- Flexibility to adapt in a live operational environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at our Pall Mall clubhouse in the heart of London, we’re passionate about pioneering ever higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.
Due to the fast-moving pace of the hospitality industry and the urgency of this role we reserve the right to screen and interview applications on an ongoing basis, and close the role early if we have successfully appointed a candidate.