Pall Mall, London
Our Pall Mall clubhouse in the heart of London offers a sanctuary for all our members and with an array of bars, restaurants and sports facilities it becomes a home from home for many. We are now looking for a Receptionist to be a welcoming face to our members and their guests.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all calls, internal and external are answered promptly and professionally, recording any messages accurately and deals with queries where possible. This includes operating Switchboard.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with all departments in the Club, assisting when required in resolving problems
- Keep updated with club information (ex. current menu promotions, sale at the Club Shop) and events being held on daily basis. Has knowledge of all arrivals with special requirements, members with titles, and VIP guests (past motoring VIPs attending events)
- To provide a friendly, courteous and professional service consistently
- Live and promote the Club’s values and behaviours in accordance with the Club’s service culture
- Proactive in identifying new service techniques to continually improve service to delight our members, communicating these with your shift leader
- Communicate closely with all departments to ensure follow up on any member / guest requests and/ or issues, both positive and negative, etc.
Our ideal candidate:
- Excellent customer service experience gained in a similar role or environment
- Front Office function experience including; front desk customer facing services, reservations and switchboard
- Excellent command of the English language both oral and written
- Excellent presentation and attention to detail
- Team player
- Flexible, organised, approachable and proactive
- An element of multi skilling applies to this role/department, it is essential to be able to adapt to other relevant departments
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Pall Mall in the heart of the London we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.