Junior Sous Chef
Pall Mall, London
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
Our Pall Mall clubhouse with two kitchens, three restaurants and two additional bars is looking for an experienced Junior Sous Chef to join our busy team. Ranging from sandwiches to fine dining our kitchens deliver excellent food and excellent service to our members every single day.
Role Responsibilities include
- To maintain and supervise to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen operation in all outlets
- To consistently produce 5* standards of food and continually strive for perfection and high levels of member satisfaction
- Maintain and supervise stock levels of all produce and mise en place to the business requirement, closely monitor usage and minimise wastage
- Train and develop the Chef de Parties, Commis and Trainees in order to consistently deliver to the expectation of both members and management
- Lead by example to ensure that each member of the team is motivated, engaged and fulfilling their potential
- Work closely with the Restaurant managers to ensure good communication and team work, front and back of house
- Responsible for the restaurant service whilst overseeing the sections of the kitchen which need covering
- Make sure nothing leaves the kitchen without a minimum Sous Chef sign off.
- Supervise and enforce the law in respect of food hygiene, health and safety, the club food policy
Our ideal candidate
- Demonstrable experience as a CDP or Junior Sous in a similar environment
- Passionate about delivering 5* service every time
- Ability to lead and motivate a team at every service
- Experience of stock control and ordering
- High standards of cooking ability
- Level 3 food hygiene
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Pall Mall in the heart of the London we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.