Greenkeeper Summer Intern
Woodcote Park, Epsom
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
The Royal Automobile Club one of the worlds foremost private member’s clubs is looking for seven Summer Green Keeper Interns, to join us from April to October 2020 at our historic Woodcote Park Country Club.
Hidden away in Surreys, famous Epsom Downs Woodcote Park is home to 350acres and two 18-hole golf courses – the historic Herbert Fowler Old Course and the Coronation Course – which have hosted events including the Bob Hope Classic and the Tesco Pro Am.
- Full involvement in the maintenance of two Golf courses.
- Operate state of the art equipment for fine turf maintenance programmes that ensure quality and consistency
- Maintain standard operating procedures for the golf course against agreed procedures
- Liaise with the Deputy Course Manager & Head Mechanic on the upkeep and maintenance of estate grounds and gardens
- Manage all operations to meet an environmentally sustainable plan
- Ensure all Health & Safety systems protect and promote a safe working environment
- General ad hoc duties
Our ideal candidate:
- Demonstrable experience in Greenkeeping
- Understanding of Health & Safety regulations
- Be able to work between the hours of 5:00am and 2.30pm
- Good team player
- Communication skills
- Ability to multitask
What’s in it for you?
Here at the Royal Automobile Club we value our people’s time, so along with 10 days paid leave plus national holidays, we offer you a 40-hour working week and the ability to swap working days.
Allowing you to make the most of your time with London and Bright just a train ride away and Heathrow and Gatwick airports less than 20 miles from Epsom the rest of Europe is easily accessible.
We’ll provide you with discounted onsite accommodation, including free meals, your uniform and safety equipment. Working with a diverse and multi-national team, we share our knowledge and passion, so you can get the most out of your time with the club.