Storeman / Goods Receiver
Pall Mall, London
The Royal Automobile Club are looking for an experienced Storeman to join the clubhouse on Pall Mall. Assisting the Executive Chef, his PA and the Head Chef with the day to day purchasing of perishable and non- perishable food products for use across all club outlets this is a pivotal role to the smooth running of the kitchen.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Executive Chef and Head Chef to deliver the controls required, monitor auditing of food purchases and distribution controls
- Process all orders through Procure Wizard, adhering to supplier cut off points.
- Manage ambient food stock levels to the business requirement
- Carry out all the necessary checks on produce coming into the club, weight, quality, price etc
- Deliver month end stocktake results
- Maintain the dry stores to the highest levels of hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with club guidelines and legal requirement, develop a good stock rotation process and make sure there are no products stored past the see by date
Our ideal candidate:
- Experience of conducting date checks and storing perishable and non-perishable food items.
- Purchasing systems knowledge, ideally Procure Wizard
- Strong knowledge of Food Hygiene and Food Safety regulation
- High Attention to detail
- Computer literate in Word, Outlook and Excel
- Team Player
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Pall Mall in the heart of the London we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.
Due to the fast-moving pace of the hospitality industry and the urgency of this role we reserve the right to screen and interview applications on an ongoing basis and close the role early if we have successfully appointed a candidate.