Sports Assistant - Female Only
Pall Mall, London
The Royal Automobile Club are currently seeking a Sports Assistant to join the team looking after the Sports and Wellbeing facility in our Pall Mall clubhouse. Offering a variety of sports including squash, gym and studio classes, Turkish baths and our infamous Pompeiian-inspired swimming pool this is a role that requires delivering exceptional customer service to our members at all times.
- Supervise and ensure high standards of service by the poolside and public areas
- Provide poolside supervision at dedicated times
- Engage in polite professional conversations with members and guests, using the members name and title as appropriate at every opportunity
- Ensuring all public areas are maintained and cleaned at all times
- Providing a friendly professional service to all members and guests to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere
- Keep up to date with all sports and wellness services, current promotions and new products to recommend to our members and guests
- Ensure compliance with the rules of the Clubhouses Health and Safety Policy
- Provide assistance at the sports reception and juice bar when required
- 40 hour week adhering to a shift pattern – 5 out of 7 days
- Hold a lifeguarding or pool responder qualification or be willing to undertake this with the Club
- Be a confident and able swimmer
- Proven and demonstrable excellent customer service experience
- Be approachable and confident
- Have experience of going over and above your day job
- Have good communication skills
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Pall Mall in the heart of the London we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.
Due to the fast-moving pace of the hospitality industry and the urgency of this role we reserve the right to screen and interview applications on an ongoing basis and close the role early if we have successfully appointed a candidate.