Commis Chef - Pall Mall
Pall Mall, London
Here at the Royal Automobile Club our Pall Mall clubhouse boasts 2 kitchens, 3 restaurants and 2 additional bars offering a varied and diverse role to start your career. Working with some of the best chef’s in London this is a great opportunity to begin your journey in becoming a great chef.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for assisting in the preparing and cooking of the dishes on the sections of the kitchen
- Assist the Chef de Partie and Demi CDP in maintaining stock levels of all produce and mise en place to business levels and restaurant requirements as set out by the sous chefs
- Make sure every dish that leaves the kitchen meets the high standards and is signed off by a Sous Chef
- Keep a written record of recipes produced
- Be smart and attentive as set out in the kitchen SOP
- Maintain high levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Follow the law in respect of food hygiene, health and safety, the club food policy
Our ideal candidate:
- Passion for a career in high end hospitality
- Desire to produce 5* dishes
- Basic food hygiene skills
- Completed NVQ levels 1 and 2 or working towards completion
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Good communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable and a team player
- Enthusiastic and committed to doing a great job
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Pall Mall in the heart of the London we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.
Due to the fast-moving pace of the hospitality industry and the urgency of this role we reserve the right to screen and interview applications on an ongoing basis, and close the role early if we have successfully appointed a candidate.