Reception Manager - Fitness and Wellbeing
Pall Mall, London
As one of the finest Private Member's Clubs in London we are currently seeking a Reception Manager to lead the Fitness reception team on a day to day basis in order to deliver excellent levels of service and memorable sports and wellbeing experiences for members and their guests.
Offering a variety of sports including squash, gym and studio classes, Turkish baths and our infamous Pompeiian-inspired swimming pool this is an exciting role in helping to drive the Club’s sporting heritage.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Deliver friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all members and guests, with the key aim of retaining our members and attracting new ones
- Manage the reception team, ensuring that each team member is motivated, engaged and fulfilling their potential
- Recruit, train and performance manage the team
- Conduct regular meetings with the team to ensure they are kept informed of important events, promotions and department/company performance
- Plan and produce rotas so as to ensure that the right levels of service are maintained, and costs are in-line with the budget
- Ensure all bookings and administration procedures are carried out thoroughly and accurately, providing a smooth and professional service at all times.
- Ensure that all procedures controlling payments, entry control and tills are performed correctly by all reception staff
- Keep up to date with Sports and wellness services, current promotions and new products to enable you to serve and recommend to members and guests
Our ideal candidate:
- Proven track record of managing a front of house facility
- Previous demonstrable experience in a similar environment
- Extensive experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Experience of using Leisure Management Booking Systems
- Organised, efficient and natural problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leader
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Pall Mall in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.
Due to the fast-moving pace of the hospitality industry and the urgency of this role we reserve the right to screen and interview applications on an ongoing basis and close the role early if we have successfully appointed a candidate.