Hall Porter / Doorman
Pall Mall, London
We are looking for a welcoming and enthusiastic Doorperson and part time Hall Porter to join our Pall Mall clubhouse and to be the initial face for the Royal Automobile Club.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Be courteous and welcoming to all guests and visitors
- Handle member and guest queries professionally and efficiently in order to meet or exceed expectations at all times
- Ensure luggage assistance is provided to all arriving and departing members, checking to ensure all members and guests have all their luggage and belongings with them
- Ensure you have a detailed knowledge of the clubhouse, its rules (especially dress code) and its facilities in order to be able to answer member queries and directions
- Responsible for keeping the entrance of the Club clean and tidy and the door glass free from fingerprints
- Ensure all luggage on hold is clearly labelled and that handover with the night team is carried out thoroughly
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous experience working in a similar luxurious establishment
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer service
- Ability to keep up with detailed knowledge of the local area
- A valid driving licence
- Discreet, tactful and charming
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at our Pall Mall clubhouse we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.
Due to the fast moving pace of the hospitality industry and the urgency of this role we reserve the right to screen and interview applications on an ongoing basis, and close the role early if we have sucessfully appointed a candidate.